All children have the right to education based on equality of opportunity,and The Success Life International School, in partnership with parents, carers and other parties, must take measures to encourage regular school attendance and reduce rates of absenteeism. We know that there is a direct link between a child’s attainment, progress, social skills and attendance. A child’s success at school is likely to be affected negatively if their attendance is poor. Those who do not attend regularly may fall behind in their learning, leading to underachievement, both academically and socially.
The Success Life International School recognises the crucial role that parents and carers play in promoting good school attendance. We therefore seek to provide professional, quality information and advice, communicated frequently by telephone, email, texts, leaflets, parents’ evenings, school reports and via the school attendance webpage on our school website.
The Success Life International School aims to:
- Give attendance and punctuality a high priority;
- Provide support, advice and guidance to families;
- Use attendance data systematically to evaluate success and to prioritise appropriate follow-up procedures;
- Use rewards to celebrate good attendance;
- Use sanctions sensitively and only when necessary;
- Work in partnership with the Education Welfare Service to improve attendance; and
- Support pupils returning to school after significant periods of absence.
Pupils at The Success Life International School are dedicated to their learning and are happy in school life. This is reflected in the school’s excellent attendance rate, which was 96.8% for the academic year 2015-16. Well done to all of these pupils!